Forms List:- The following required forms must be completed, signed and dated.
01. Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257).
02. Family information form. It must be completed by those aged 18 aged years or older.
03. Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409).
04. Use of a Representative( IMM 5476).
05. Authority to release personal information to a designed individual (IMM 5475).
Document Required List
Fee payment in an acceptable format. Please ensure to include the application processing fee and if applicable, the biometrics fee. Verify methods of payment with the visa office or a visa application center (VAC).
• A photocopy of the information page of your valid passport or travel document.
• Two photos meeting the requirements of the visa application photograph specifications. On the back of two photos, write your name and date of birth.
• Proof of financial support. You must proof that you can support yourself and family members accompanying you while you are in Canada.
• Proof of assets in Sri Lanka. ( Property deeds, Investment records).
• Employment proof letter- ( Leave approval letter- if employed)
• Last six months salary slips
• If self-employed – request letter with Business registration, Form 20 or 40, Company profile, Audit report, Last six months bank statement.
• Original and the Photocopy of your Birth, Marriage certificate.
• Purpose of Travel – (Invitation Letter with proof of documents from invitee).
• Hotel accommodation – if arranged per reservation.
• Travel Itinerary.
· Application submission Center: – No.4-1/1, Geethanjalie Place, Colombo 00300, Sri Lanka,00300.
· Letters should be address to : Canadian High Commission, No-33 5th Lane, Colombo 03.
· Temporary residence – Visa Fee- LKR 25,000 – 28,000.
· Visa fee should pay through Canada Embassy Online Portal.
· Processing Time – 20 minimum working days.
· Personal presence is required for visa submission.
DATE DAY HOLIDAYS 2019
1 January – Tuesday – New Year’s Day
4 February – Monday – National Day
4 March – Monday – Mahasivarathi Day
19 April – Friday – Good Friday and Poya
1 July – Monday – Canada Day
12 August – Monday – Hadji Festival Day
2 September – Monday – Labour day
14 October – Monday – Thanksgiving
11 November – Monday – Remembrance Day
25 December – Wednesday – Christmas day
26 December – Thursday – Boxing day