Required Documents for Indian Business visa
Appropriate endorsement of occupation/profession that justify applying Business visa.
1. 2X2 white background 2 photographs ( Color, without wearing spectacle or lenses)
2. Current passport and previous passport (If previous is passport is lost please ensure endorsement to that effect in current passport or provide the police compliant report)
3. Photocopy of N.I.C / Driving License/ Birth Certificate (For Sri Lanka national only).
4. Filled application ( sample form attached)
5. Invitation letter from India (indicating exact purpose and duration of stay in India and letter from applicant’s company (employer) in Sri Lanka sponsoring the business visit to India indicating position and nature of applicant’s work in the organization)
6. Letter from local company (An undertaking from Sri Lankan Employer or Indian Host Company on incurring expenses related to applicant’s travel, stay and other expenditure.)
7. Local company BRC
8. Last three months bank statements minimum balance should be LKR 40,000.00
· Duration (of following four category: One month / 3 month/ 6 month/ 1 year) of visa is depending on a case to case basis. A maximum period of one year validity is granted which can be extended in India, subjected to fulfilment of conditions.
· This is not intended to be a complete list of documents that may be needed. High Commission reserves the right to seek additional documents post submission of application.
· The Passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months on the date of application with at least two blank pages.
· Tampered or damaged passports are not accepted.
· Some individual cases may require more time for processing.
· Applicants may have to attend an Interview at “The High Commission of India” / “Post” if required.
· High Commission of India reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning reasons and without refund of fee.
3-4 working days
3 months- Single entry LKR 5458
6 months/12monthsa – multiple LKR 13573
1. Dully filled application form
2. Copy of NIC or Driving license
3. Last three months bank statement ( Minimum balance should be LKR 40,000.00)
If someone sponsors you we need,
i. Sponsor letter
ii. Sponsor’s passport bio page
iii. Birth certificate – applicant’s
iv. Father sponsoring: marriage certificate
v. Last 3 months bank statement ( minimum balance should be LKR 40,000.00)
Processing Time 3 – 4 working days
Visa fee LKR 3630.00
High Commission of India, Colombo has introduced mandatory Biometrics for all Visa categories effective 01st May 2018.
Biometric data consists of 10 finger prints collected via a 4+4+2 scanner and photo captured by special facial cameras. As per the approved scheme, Biometrics traits (Fingerprints and facial) of the visa applicants (exempted persons of age below 12 years or above 70 years) will be captured at the time of submission of visa application.
INDIAN VISA APPLICATION CENTER
No 129, Phillip Gunawardena Mawatha, Colombo – 04